A step by step guide to installing artificial green wall panels from Green Envee
Please read these artificial green wall installation instructions before you start work. If you have any questions at any stage of the installation, please don’t hesitate to call us for advice. 0203 893 1110
We can also provide you with 3D images of how your green-wall will look before its installed, get in touch with us for more information.
This artificial green wall installation is in Marbella Spain designed by UDesign . For added benefit, install one of our scent diffusers too.
There is no structural work needed prior to installation but please note our recommendations for different surfaces. If you are unsure of anything, it’s always best to consult a professional.
Please make sure you have measured up carefully and you have the correct number of panels to cover the area before you start.
Green Wall Panel Dimensions
- Green Envee artificial green wall panels consist of artificial plants secured to a metal mesh panel backing.
- The mesh backing measures 85cm x 85cm overall.
- Grid squares measure 5.5 cm x 5.5 cm.
- The panels weight between 6Kg and 7 Kg.
- The panels can be easily cut with an angle grinder with a metal blade or a hack saw with a metal blade, always take safety precautions when using equipment.
Reverse of green wall panel showing where fixings should be used
Each panel is supplies with a pack of 5 bolt hook fixings which are suitable for brick and concrete structures. We recommend to use heavy duty cable ties to secure the panels to the hooks as the panels are installed. For further information please consult a professional.
For Plasterboard and Timber
We recommend that you purchase specialist plasterboard plugs and screw in cup hooks or similar.
For Wire Fences
Use heavy duty clear, black or green cable ties to secure the panels into position.
Step by step instructions
- Make sure the plants on the panel are pointing upwards thats the direction the panels need to be installed. Once the panels are in place you’ll need to tease the plants out to give that natural look. Dont worry if you lose some foliage along the way – it happens.
- When you begin hanging the panels, be sure to start from the top left (or right) corner and work your way across to complete the top layer first.
- Use a spirit level or a chalk-line to mark out the line of the panels. Then mark where each fixing will need to be placed. We suggest you install the first hook on the second row of the mesh panel one full square in and one full square down from each corner. The fifth fixing is for the centre of the mesh panel – as in the diagram above.
- Once the hooks are fixed to the wall, offer up the panel remembering to check that the plants are pointing upwards. Adjust the angle of the hook as necessary to ensure the panel sits level and square. Subject to your location you could choose to secure a cable-tie around the hook and frame for extra stability but this is not essential.
- Repeat steps 3 and 4 for the next and subsequent panels.
- Make sure the panels are close together ensuring the overhanging plants are not tangled up in the backing or trapped between panels. You can use cable ties to keep panels really close together.
- Keep going until the top row is complete.
- Once the first row is in place and securely fixed to the wall at the top and bottom of each panel, its time to move on to the second row. Install each panel in exactly the same way as you did for the first row. Continue to the bottom of your artificial green wall.
- Use your hands to open out all of the plants and tease the foliage into a natural looking arrangement.
- If you need to trim green wall panels to size, turn the panels round so that you are working at the back of it. Carefully mark the mesh and cut accordingly. We suggest using an angle grinder with a metal blade. Remember to wear safety glasses and ear protection and ensure no-one is around you when cutting and there is no chance of damaging any other surfaces. Be careful not to slice through the plants. If you need to take plants off the panel, standard pliers will allow you to remove the fittings.
- Spare foliage can be secured to the fixed panels using cable ties if you wish to fill any gaps. If you need any extra foliage, please don’t hesitate to let us know.
- There may be a variation in colours through the panels which makes them look more authentic.
Artificial Green Wall Maintenance Requirements
Outdoor artificial green walls
An occasional hose down will remove any dust and brighten up your artificial green wall. Please don’t use any chemical cleaners or detergents, they may stain or damage the foliage..
Indoor artificial green walls
We recommend using a dry feather duster to clean internal green wall panels.Please don’t use any chemical cleaners or detergents, they may stain or damage the foliage..
If you have any questions about artificial green wall maintenance, please don’t hesitate to contact our customer service team. We’re here to make sure you enjoy the full benefits of your Green Envee artificial green wall panels.